HOUSING UNIT 1:
The homes are of various dimensions 110-200 sq.m. and are arranged in two or three levels with interior functional areas, attention to detail and immediate access to the surrounding area. During the design, taking advantage of the view to the blue horizon was sought after as well as the design of a series of open and semi-outdoor areas and yards for respective use during all hours of the day.PHOTOS:
Outfitting of Homes
- The structure of the buildings is made of reinforced concrete in accordance with the Greek Concrete Regulations and Anti-seismic Construction Regulations.
- The parapets, chimneys and certain walls have been built slanted or inclined, according to local tradition..
- Architecturally certain openings are selected to widen externally, in order to accentuate certain elements of the landscape.
- The coatings have been applied using a pressed method, with three coats without leads with traditional processing and addition of anti-moisture material.
- The ceilings of the living rooms are made with unprocessed chestnut wood beams and wooden skinning, painted white.
- Built-in fireplaces in the living rooms, of a particular architectural design.
- The exterior paint is special outdoor plastic paint with waterproofing properties.
- Floors are made of durable materials depending on the use of the area: marble from Naxos, Paros, oak or other African light colored nailed wood flooring, grout of a shade selected by the owner.
- The bathrooms have a built-in shower and where the space permits, a built-in vanity with a porcelain sink of excellent quality. The wall coverings up to a height of 1.80 m are made with pressed plaster. The fixtures are white of a European origin, the faucets are single and each bathroom is fully equipped.
- The kitchens have sufficient cupboard space made of semi-solid wood of an excellent quality, countertop, sink and excellent quality faucets.
- The interior doors are pressed and painted with wood casing. The door of the main entrance of each home is a security door with exterior and interior covering of marine plywood.
- The exterior window frames are made of German-type tri-glued Meranti wood of an excellent quality, with double glass and the shutters are made of marine hardboard with screens. The frames have a mechanism which permits them to be slanted.
- The closets in the bedrooms are built, two-ply with a melamine interior and board exterior.
- Each home has drainage to an ecological cleaning system with underground disposal of processed waters.
- An independent water tank with a capacity up to 30 cubic meters. The tank is made so that the water collected from the terrace can be distributed to the main line of the home with anti-reversal valves.
- An 80 liter water heater.
- Grid for installing autonomous heating. Reinforced power lines have also been installed.
- Basic grounding and a line (cabling) has been installed for alarm, satellite television and A/C sockets in each main room, built-in pipes with the respective cabling for telephone connection through a switch, providing two telephone lines for each home.
- Exterior storage and engine-room.
- A pergola of chestnut wood in front as forecast by the architectural design, a parking area and main entrance area, with appropriate ground covering of Parian stone or Parian uneven marble or cement.
- Perimeter fencing of the lot with stone wall with provision for interior lights spaced apart. Yard landscaping configuration with walls, curbs, ramps and flower-beds.